Flush a Noritz Tankless Water Heater, No matter if they’re tankless or traditional systems with tanks, it’s a matter of time until the built scale deposits will develop and alter the efficiency of your water heater. Even if the risk of corrosion is lower when it comes to tankless water heaters, the risk is almost never null.
The rate of scale build-up depends on water hardness in your region. However, with increased water hardness, it is important to flush the tankless water heater, Noritz included.
How to describe flushing in a nutshell?
It’s also a brand that develops reliable and durable tankless water heaters, but its Dracaena system also makes it easy to descale. For many experienced and skilled homeowners, following the steps of flushing will help them avoid the problems that many people have with tankless water heaters.
Nevertheless, it’s safer to get a professional plumber so that you don’t void the warranty. It’s safer to get a professional plumber because you don’t want to void the warranty. If you have a warranty on your car, you shouldn’t drive it until it’s fixed, you shouldn’t wash your car and drive it until it is fixed, and you shouldn’t show up at a hotel and have them fix your pipes before they are fixed. The same thing goes for warranties on plumbing. Same goes with your house.
One tip before you actually start the flushing
When you have a Flush a Noritz tankless water heater, you need to understand the components and what they do. When you understand the components, the process will be easier.
The red isolator valve represents the hot water side of the heating system. The blue isolator valve is for the cold water-side of the heating system. The drain caps are placed on top of the hot water-side, and on the left. When the valves are turned to the vertical position, it means that they’re in the off position, and the water is flowing freely.
What do you need to prepare for flushing?
- 4 gallons vinegar white.
- 5 bucket,6hp utility pump.
- A set of two stainless steel hoses. Some people like the rubber hoses, but stainless steel models that are longer lasting and stronger too .
- A soapy water solution for cleaning the hoses. Even though you shouldn’t drink the hot water from the water heater, some people like to have their houses cleaned with a solution that’s been boiled.
Which steps do you need to take when flushing Noritz tankless water heater?
For the best performance and durability, you should flush your Noritz tankless water heater once a year.
- Turn off the gas valve while the unit is still on.
- Turn off the cold and hot valves.
- Put away the drain caps on both pipes.
- Turn the red drain valve to the “on” position. You can use the bucket for draining excess water left in the system.
- Something do for the cold side
- You start by pulling the long hose from the power box and put it in your bucket. Then you put the short hose from the power supply into the long hose from the power box and connect them together with the power cord.
- Hot water is drained from the heat source, Cold water is pumped in to heat the home.
- You also need to drain hose to the hot water drain valve, putting the end of the drain hose into the bucket.
- gallons of vinegar into your bucket, making sure that the pump is submerged completely. It’s also important that you open the drain valve lever handles on the isolation valves.. Let the pump run for an hour or so.
- To get the best results, you should change the vinegar solution after half an hour and repeat the flushing. Even if the unit tries to turn on, it won’t work since the gas has been turned off. You should expect an error code (11) when you flush the toilet. Don’t reset the unit despite the error code.
- Turn off the water main for at least an hour, changing the water supply connection to the water main closest to the valve hole.
- You also need to take the drain hose and the pump away from the bucket, draining the liquid. Place the hot water drain hose back in your empty bucket, and open the cold water main valve. To flush out the heater, you need to run it through with clear water and then let it sit for five minutes. Afterwards, you can flush it again for another five minutes.
- Some maintenance may be necessary. Therefore, you should unscrew and take the water filter out for some cleaning. Place the filter under running water to rid the filter of all debris. Close the filter and tighten it with a wrench.
- You’ll need to have the drain valve to the “off” position and unscrew the drain hose as well. Remember to replace the drain cap, so that it’s all tightly secured. Turn the primary cold and hot water valves to the “on” position. Don’t forget to turn the gas supply on.
Note; If the error code 11 appears on your water heater, you should reset the timer before replacing it. After replacing it, you can power it on and off as needed.